On the way home tonight, I stopped to buy some groceries. As seen in the picture above, I just picked up few things.
As you can see from the receipt, I purchased 6 items. I also saved a whopping $0.45. Whoopee.
To carry these 6 groceries things home, the guy bagging managed to use enough bags to choke a three horses and give your average Trader Joe's shopper a heart attack. The paper bag was put inside two, count-em-two blue plastic ones. The toothpaste was wrapped in at least one plastic bag, and stuck into a 2nd one, all of which were then stuck inside the double-plastic-wrapped-paper one. Inexplicably, the english muffins were wrapped in their own bag, much like the toothpaste was, and for the life of me I cannot figure out why he did that. I don't really know why the toothpaste needed to be wrapped in a protective bag other than the fact that it was the only thing I purchased which isn't technically food.
The grand total of bags for my six items wound up being, drumroll please... You guessed it: 6 bags. I got one bag per item purchased. For the expense incurred by the store just in my bagging supplies for this venture, they could just as well have hired me a burro from Guatemala and paid the bagger to walk the groceries to my home.
Sigh. Remind me to put my re-usable bags in the car for next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment